“Delegate" the person(s), firm or company who has paid for the course or seminar or training or mentorship or mastermind or program OR any person attending the course or seminar or training or mentorship or mastermind or program as an affiliate of “The Company” "The company" "The course" "The contract" any contract between the Delegate(s) and Poynton Ryan Limited T/A Cogito Wealth for the purchase of the course.
The Company provides The Seminar, Workshop, On and Offline Coaching, Mentorship or Partnership Coaching & Training Program.
General Terms and Conditions
1. The content, projections, figures and indications contained in any course are based on opinion and cannot be relied upon when making investment decisions. As with any investment, property values can fall as well as rise.
2. The company offers all information as a guide only and it cannot ever be considered as financial advice in any way. Please refer to your independent financial advisor who is qualified to give you complete advice based on your circumstances. The company is not qualified to give mortgage, legal or financial advice. Please seek legal and financial advice from a qualified advisor before making commitments. The company does not accept liability for decisions made based on the content of any course.
3. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any course without notice.
4. All delegates must provide their name, email address and telephone number upon registering for any course as a condition of entry. Without this information the company reserves the right to refuse entry to the course.
5. The company reserves the right to ask any person to leave the course, if their behaviour is deemed unacceptable or disruptive to others.
6. The company is not liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of attending a course.
7. The possession or operation of recording or transmission equipment of any kind is prohibited during the course. This includes, without limitation, photography, filming, audio and any other recording or transmission.
8. All products and other materials relating to the course for which you are enrolling whether presented during, before or after the course, are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights.
The copyright in all such products and materials remain the property of their owners and may not be recorded, used or reproduced, without the written permission of the copyright owner. You agree not, at any time, to do anything that would infringe the intellectual property rights in such products and materials.
9. It is the delegate(s) responsibility to bring with them on the course such items and equipment as are requested by the company.
10. Delegates are strictly prohibited from offering to sell, selling or possessing with the intent to sell any promotional and/or commercial Items.
11. Delegates are strictly prohibited from providing any type of commercial service, unless expressly authorised by the company in writing during the course.
12. Delegates are strictly prohibited from handing out pamphlets, leaflets, brochures of any other information relating to, or in any way promoting or drawing attention to, any business, cause, charity or concern, whether commercial or not, unless expressly authorised by the company in writing.
13. The presentation will be filmed and recorded and unless you inform a staff member of the company otherwise, before the presentation begins, it is deemed that you give permission for any footage of yourself to be used by The Company for commercial purposes.
14. The company reserves the right to change the location and/or speaker(s), mentors, and content of the course without notice. The Delegate understands that the mentor and training team of the company will change from time to time.
15. All bookings are subject to these standard terms and conditions. In booking a place on any course or program, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Attendance to any course or program is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms.
These Terms and Conditions supersede all other terms and conditions, oral or written, and all other communications between the parties suggesting additional or different terms.
These Terms and Conditions represent the final and complete understanding of the parties and may be amended or cancelled only by written agreement signed by both parties.
These Terms and Conditions expressly limit acceptance to these provisions. Any proposal for additional or different terms or any attempt by the Delegate to vary in any degree any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions is hereby deemed material and objected to and rejected. No terms of any document or form submitted by the Delegate shall be effective to alter or add to the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions.
Payment of Courses
16. Your booking is not secured until payment is received - all courses must be paid for in advance of receiving the training from the company. Where an instalment plan has been agreed your booking is secured upon receipt of your commitment fee, and/or completed/signed credit agreement and/or direct debit form, attendance will then be permitted. Payments and balances must be completed within 3 months of your initial payment and must be cleared in full prior to any event being attended. The online Strategy Hub is a commitment of 12 months. Payment is available on a monthly payment basis. Should you cancel your subscription payments then an invoice will be raised for the full balance remaining and sent to you in the post for payment.
Upon completion of the first 12 months membership of the Strategy Hub Community your membership will drop down automatically to the lifetime membership price of £99+VAT per month.
You can cancel this at any time with 30 days notice after the first 12 instalments or completion of the first 12 months of your membership has passed by contacting email@example.com and requesting your membership be cancelled.
Cancellation of course bookings - General
17. You may notify us in writing within 14 days of us receiving payment for the course ('cooling off period') that you wish to cancel this agreement by delivering or sending (including by electronic mail) a cancellation notice to the General Manager at The Company. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: C/O Sarah Poynton – Ryan, Unit D, 22 Walker Avenue, Stratford Office Village, Wolverton Mill East, MK125TW
18. If paying by instalment plan, your ‘cooling off period’ begins on the day we receive your commitment fee for the course.
19. Refunds will be returned on the credit or debit card used by you to pay only.
20. Your right to cancel will end 120 hours before the course booked is due to commence, without exception. Provided that the conditions stated in paragraph 17 & 18 are met, the course fees paid can be transferred to future dates. If the cancellation arrives outside of conditions in clause 17 and 18 no refund of any course fees will be due.
21. Money Back Guarantee. For your peace of mind a 100% money back guarantee may be obtained anytime up to the first break on the first day of the event, upon return of all course materials minus the costs of your attendance at the course including but not limited to catering, printed materials, venue costs.
Cancellation of course bookings – Transfer Procedure
22. If you choose to cancel your membership or course for any reason after the ‘cooling off period’ has ended (as defined in paragraph 16. 17. & 18.), no refund will be made on any course or membership fees paid. All instalment plans will remain due as per your signed agreement. Any commitment fee is non refundable after your ‘cooling off period’. If you do not turn up at the training you have committed to all instalment plans, balances due and outstanding payments will still be charged to your card as per your signed agreement on day one of the training you committed to. Any and all bookings will be deemed as confirmed at the time you access any and all bonus related material inside either email, members resource hub or google drive folders.
23. You may transfer your membership or course to a family member, friend or business partner. All requests to transfer must be received via email at least 24hrs before membership or the course is due to start, to the following email address: email@example.com.
The transfer is your responsibility and we do not take on any responsibility for you finding a party to transfer your booking to.
24. Postponement or upgrade of courses is at the discretion of the company. Requests must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The maximum term for postponement is 3 months.
25. The Company is committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of its visitors when visiting the site or communicating electronically.
The Company uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website and to help us to create a more useful and easy to use website. Google Analytics uses several small text files called 'cookies' which are saved on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour. The data collected is completely anonymous and does not store any personal details.
27. The information, collected by Google through the use of the cookies (including your IP address), is used to analyse how visitors make use of the website and allows The Company to gather statistical information such as website activity, visitor numbers, popular pages etc. If you would like to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics you can use the Opt out tool Information collected by The Company
28. In running and operating this website, The Company may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. This data and information is detailed below:
● Details of visits to the website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use this website
● Information provided when visitors communicate with The Company electronically for any reason Use of your information 29.
The information collected is used for the development of this website and The Company services. No information is passed to third parties. Information may be used for the following purposes:
● To provide you with information relating to this website, its products or services that you request from us
● To provide you with information on other products that may be of interest to you
● To meet The Company’s contractual obligations to you
● To notify you about any changes to this website, including improvements, and service or product changes that may affect its operation
● If you are an existing customer, The Company may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that you have expressed an interest in previously via this website.
● If you do not want your data used for the above then you will always have the option to object to such use. Storing Your Personal Data
30. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore The Company cannot guarantee the security of data sent electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Third Party Links
31. You might find links to third party websites on this website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. The Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them. Access to Information
32. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives all individuals the right to access personal information that is held about them. You can request a copy of any information that we hold about you. 121 Accountability Program & Mastermind Specific Terms The “1-2-1 Accountability Programme” will continue for a minimum term of 3 months.
The “Cogito Wealth Strategy Hub” will continue for a minimum of 12 months. After the minimum term, the contract will continue on a rolling monthly basis on these terms unless a written notice to terminate is given by either party. You are required to pay your commitment fee up front before you can attend sessions. Any commitment fee paid is non refundable except in accordance to your statutory consumer cooling off period of 14 days in which you can cancel at any time. The cooling off period begins from the day you make your booking and ends 14 calendar days after that. Ongoing monthly payments are to be made via standing order or direct debit or The Company will process using the card you have provided at point of sale. You must set this up before starting a monthly programme unless full payment is made up front. Should full payment for the program be made upfront the fee is subject to substantial discount and for this reason is non refundable without exception. Should you opt for an instalment plan your instalments will be monthly until the balance is cleared. Should we not receive payment by the due date we reserve the right to charge a late payment fee of £5 per day. Should we not receive payment in full a minimum of 7 days before your monthly session we reserve the right to offer your place to another member on the waiting list for that month and for future sessions. After the cooling off period has expired, you are committed to a 12 month program. Please note your contract will not end until the expiry of your minimum term, therefore you are still liable for payment during this period. Please send any cancellation after the minimum term to email@example.com with subject “PROGRAM CANCELLATION”. We reserve the right to cancel your membership to the programme for any reason and in this event, will provide you with minimum of one months notice. If there are any outstanding payments for any reason you will be required to settle these before the cancellation takes effect. If you are unable to attend a monthly session, a weekly call or any other committed time you will lose your slot and no refund will be available. You must still pay for your session to ensure that your place is secure. Throughout the programme, in addition to your committed sessions you will have access to the Cogito Wealth team in line with your chosen package. Telephone and email support is provided during normal business hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm excluding bank holidays). We will endeavour to provide an initial response to all queries within 48 working hours. You will receive assistance from external mentors from time to time. Please note we run multiple programmes however you are only entitled to attend your committed time and program. In order for you to get the most from the programme you will need to adhere to the recommendations given in the welcome pack which can be found in the members area and in your welcome email. You will be expected to complete work journals, mastermind notes and accountability books for us to be able to fully support you. If you do not complete the accountability books, journals and attend the events the program includes then The Company cannot guarantee your results. Should you require any disability access or special dietary requirements please notify us as soon as possible so we can make the appropriate arrangements. Confidentiality Confidentiality is essential for all members of the program and by entering into this contract you agree that you will keep all information shared during the sessions together with all personal information confidential. You must not share any information with any third party. We warrant that we will do the same. Confidential information includes but is not limited to, any documentation given to you during sessions, any hand out materials we may distribute (including via email), information about deals, sites, developments, opportunities and contact details of any other members of the program. We, our associates, own the rights (including copyrights) in all documentation we provide and this cannot be distributed or shared with any third party in any way. By entering into this agreement, you specifically agree not to pursue another member’s property opportunity or property deals without their consent. Please contact us in the first instance if you believe there to be a conflict. Liability All advice and information we provide is given as guidance only, based on our experience in the industry. It is your responsibility to consult with suitably qualified authorities before making any decisions. We cannot accept responsibility for any actions taken or not taken as a result of our guidance, nor can we guarantee the success or outcomes of your attendance on the programme.
Further we cannot be held liable for any consequences should any professional advice not be taken. Nothing in these terms and conditions seeks to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Other Important Terms You agree that you will not solicit or attempt to entice away any members of the programme to another programme in competition with us in any way, without our express written permission. You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these terms and conditions without our express written consent. Both parties agree to comply with all applicable data protection legislation and subsequent amendments.
The contract is between you and us. It is not intended to benefit any third party and no such party will be entitled to enforce any provision of this agreement. Contact The Company: Office General Line 07738 278545 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Terms & Conditions
INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
33. The Company is a private limited company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 08632043 and our registered office is at